Thursday, August 15, 2013

Good bye and good riddance

It  was not a pretty road trip to Colorado and St. Loo, but I'm happy that the Pirates are headed for some home cookin' with a 2 game lead still and the Cards and suddenly the  Reds bearing down.  The other person that reads my blog told me to stop counting down to the end of the streak.  I won't  talk about that, but unofficially, so as not to jinx the team any more than I already have, I  think there's nothing  to worry about.  I'll reserve the right to talk about the playoffs until the season has aged a little more.  After a couple hitless games, the  savior  Andrew  Lambo, came through with a double.  Don't worry,  he's just  heatin  up.  The 3 home run games are close.  I almost wrote Three Rivers. Victory Field is not PNC, but I hope Lambo can provide some power  in the Majors too.

When was the last time a player was hyped so much in Pittsburgh before even playing a preseason game.  Le'Veon Bell must be one heckuva practice player.  He has somehow managed to climb his way to the top of the  depth chart, sharing the number one spot with Isaac Redman.  Is this some kind of Mike Tomlin motivational tactic.  Jonathan Dwyer, had he not been injured last year, could have rolled up several more 100 yard games.  This year he shows up to practice in shape and gunning for the number one spot and Rook comes out of nowhere in the draft, puts some good practices together and is anointed the chosen one.  The Steelers are all world in drafting players,  but the last number one RB they picked is no longer with the team.  Remember that can't miss guy.  He was better at shooting his mouth off than finding a hole in the line.  This isn't to say I  wouldn't like to see Bell dominate.  I'd love to see the Steelers find another running back.  They've been lacking one the could dominate a game since Fast Willie.

Jarvis Jones looks like a  playmaker.  He was around the action in the game Saturday and came up with the fummmmbbbble  in the end zone. 

I  am not liking the new Special Teams coach.  Why can't the Steelers find a ST coach that is good?   Their special teams is always a problem.  I think the only time they had  good special teams was the year they won the  Super  Bowl in  Detroit. 

I wish the linebackers that were playing for a roster spot Saturday would  play that good in real games.  It seemed like every play a new linebacker would come in and make a play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a valued member of PSB Nation.