Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Steel scraps 6-8-22



When I started up this site and later on Facebook page, I could not get enough information about the Steelers and Pirates and Pens. I read every article I could find no matter how factual the stories were or how high the quality the writing was. I could not find enough material. That was about 10 years ago. So, I started writing my own stuff. It wasn’t breaking news or anything because I’m sitting in the stadiums and arenas watching every game, but I summarized what I saw and put my own spin on that. Then, all the social media kicked in and there was info overload. If you wanted to read about the Steel City teams there was no shortage of articles and the last several years podcasts and videocasts.  

If I wanted to, I could probably listen to someone’s take on these teams every waking hour. If you look at the article history, I pretty much stopped writing stories for years. There was so much stuff out there I didn’t need to add my two cents in my own site. I could comment in 100 different places. I actually didn’t even visit the site for a couple years and was surprised that it didn’t get shut down because of inactivity. Whenever I did go there it was still active including about a month ago. There’s still plenty of sources of commentary and information about my favorite teams, but I decided to add my 2 cents again. Can’t say it’s going to be regular, so don’t set your alarm by it, but I’m going to call my random musings Steel scraps. So, check it out and tell me what you think.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a valued member of PSB Nation.