Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bad Luck

Yesterday I almost wrote that possibly, just possibly the Pirates problems with their pitchers major arm problems had subsided, it appeared. Tyler Yates had been on the injured list but the whole time it appeared that he just needed to give throwing a break for a while. I didn't write it because I was being superstitious and thought by putting it in the blog something bad would happen. Now I know that that superstition is just that, a superstition. But, guess what? I just found that Tyler Yates has to have Tommy John surgery to repair a torn ligament in his arm. Say goodbye to Mr. Yates. Of course he is optimistic he'll return by the beginning of the season next year, but anyone that follows baseball knows that it takes a year to get back to pitching and then that pitcher is not the same for quite a while after that if ever. Mr. Dumatrait is a good example. I had thought he would be back at the beginning of the season, but he probably won't be back til September if he's good enough to get back to the Pirates. You know the saying even a blind dog finds a bone. It is amazing the Pirates cannot stumble upon a great pitcher in 17 years. Why can't one guy come through and dominate?

I just stumbled upon Adam LaRoche's profile and found out that his name is actually David Adam LaRoche. I don't know how his father played early in the season but maybe he could start going by Dave and confuse himself into having a better first few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a valued member of PSB Nation.