Friday, July 17, 2009

That should do it!

When I wrote start it off on a positive note I could not have envisioned one any better than what happened Friday night. Garrett "Roy Hobbs" Jones hits a home run of Linsecum in the first inning and the Pirates don't do anything for 12 innings and he hits another monster shot to center field that bounces into the river(By the way I think we're going to needs some kayakers in there to collect his shots). Oh, I failed to mention that Paul Maholm only gave up one run himself, unearned at that. Then he gives way to the bullpen and they keep the Giants from scoring in their at bats. Awesome start. I could complain about the lack of offense, but if you have one guy with 2 HRs and your pitchers only give up 1 run, I'll take it. A good start to build off of.

Trivia: Who is the only one to hit it into the Allegheny on the fly? Daryle Ward.

Keep it up Garrett.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a valued member of PSB Nation.