Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I thought we were getting Roger Clemens

Well, took a couple days off for the holidays, but I'm back for all my faithful readers. Thanks Craig.

No, I didn't actually think we were going to get Roger Clemens but I was under the impression that Ross Ohlendorf was supposed to be a power pitcher that the Pirates haven't had for quite a while other than a few relievers here and there. When he was in New York he was hitting mid to upper 90s on the radar gun at times. From what I've heard he barely gets in the low 90's. You know what, this story sounds very familiar. Pirates trade for a hotshot pitching prospect that has a fast fast fastball. Funny thing on the way to Pittsburgh it became only a Fastball. Anyone else think of another pitcher with the same story. I think this sounds like a certain Mr. Perez, Oliver Perez, you know, 1 good year with the Pirates, lots of potential but it never come to fruition and eventually was traded to the Mets. Anyone remember who he was traded for? Xavier Nady. I think the Pirates came out on top with that one even though Ollie had a good year for the Mets too. This year he signed on with them and hasn't done a thing. Let's see, who did the Pirates get for Xavier Nady. Ross Ohlendorf and Jose Tabata and 2 others. We'll see how Tabata and Ohlendorf turn out. By the way Mr. Clemens is still available. I don't think anyone will pick him up this year though. It's a full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are a valued member of PSB Nation.